Entries are open for the fifth annual FDM everywoman in Technology Awards, with the organisers of the event looking to name the Innovator of the Year, among other accolades.
Nominations for awards can be made until 3 November 2014, with the winners being announced on 17 March 2015 at a special evening dinner at London’s Hilton Park Lane.
Other categories for this year’s FDM showcase are, as follows:
– Entrepreneur of the Year – sponsored by ARM
– Inspiration of the Year – sponsored by VMware
– Leader of the Year – sponsored by BP
– Rising Star of the Year – sponsored by American Express
– Start-up Founder of the Year – sponsored by salesforce.com
– Team Leader of the Year
– The One to Watch
– International Leader of the Year
FDM runs the awards to drive awareness of the technology sector’s career opportunities and to encourage higher numbers of women to work in the industry.
Sheila Flavell, chief operating officer of FDM, said: “FDM is delighted to continue sponsoring the everywoman in Technology Awards, allowing us to recognise and reward outstanding women and their achievements in the industry.
“Gender balance in the workplace is vital to the UK’s economy; it improves communication, accelerates productivity and drives innovation. It is inspiring to see more women taking on high powered positions and becoming role models to females at the beginning of their IT careers.”