The five successful companies, which will take part in the initiative, have now been named.
Start-ups joining the programme represent a number of areas where retailers are currently investing lots of their research and development budgets. The companies involved are, as follows:
• Localz: the winner of the John Lewis JLAB, which offers an enterprise grade micro location platform that helps you quickly integrate iBeacon based proximity interactions into your iOS and Android apps
• BarPass: a free mobile application that, at participating venues and events, enables you to view menus, order and securely pay all from your mobile device
• Henchman and Co: an app that brings you anything you want delivered from top London restaurants, grocery stores and retail stores in 60 minutes
• Megatransfert Finance: a secure system for converting your telephone plan in euros
• Trendii: a platform that gives you the tools to create something new and imaginative every day